• bartobiz

Will Your Medicare Cover A Chiropractor?



Medicare provides coverage for a chiropractor specifically when a manual manipulation or adjustment of the spine is required in order to correct a subluxation. It’s important to understand that Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B do not cover any additional services that a chiropractor has ordered.


Such services include:-

  • X-rays

  • Massage therapy

  • Acupuncture

However, some Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C) may provide additional chiropractic coverage.


Before diving into what is covered by Medicare let’s take a look at what subluxation of the spine is. Subluxation of the spine is when the vertebrae are separated or out of position. Symptoms of such a condition may include pain, headaches, or stiffness. Chiropractic treatment for such a medical condition involves manually realigning the vertebra and relieving the symptoms.


Number of Chiropractic Visits Medicare Covers?


All chiropractic visits that are a medically necessary manual manipulation for the spine are covered under Medicare. Medically necessary visits are those that are a part of your treatment that are needed to diagnose or treat an illness, injury, condition, disease or symptoms.


Stated simply, Medicare may cover chiropractic visits as long as the visits meet the criteria of being a medical necessity.


Cost of A Chiropractic Visit With Medicare?


With coverage for chiropractic visits under Original Medicare, you have to pay 20% coinsurance and the remaining 80% of the Medicare approved amount is paid by Medicare Part B. Please remember also, that you are responsible for the Part B deductible as well (unless the deductible has already been met for the year).


It’s possible that your share of the payments can be paid by a Medicare Supplement Plan, if you have one. The costs may vary if you have a Medicare Advantage Plan.


Need Some More Information?


We are Independent Insurance Brokers, specifically trained in Medicare Insurance. We have been appointed by most of the major insurance carriers. We can help you find the best policy for your individual situation. We work with clients in Winchester, VA,Strasburg, VA, Martinsburg, WV, and Charles Town, WV.


Contact us today at (540) 662-4432 to schedule a FREE CONSULTATION with one of our Insurance agents or simply visit our website medicaretrustedagents.com to obtain more information.




4 views0 comments